Optima Sports Medicine and Injury Clinic
Physical therapy is an essential component for a successful return to full function post injury or surgery. A specific rehabilitation programme, which was once exclusively reserved for elite athletes, is available to through Optima. The rehabilitation programme will be multifaceted compromising of goal setting, functional progression, evaluating goals and outcome, sports specific reconditioning and return to sports or function. Through a well-structured clinically reasoned framework involving evidence-based intervention and exercises, we incorporate the multi-disciplinary approach to optimise your recovery.
Initial Consultation and assessment – £65.00
Subsequent Consultation and treatment sessions – £50.00
Initial Consultation and assessment – £55.00
Subsequent Consultation and treatment sessions – £45.00
Our Associate Physicians are sports medicine specialists and are the best point of contact for anyone with a musculo-skeletal injury or sports related condition that needs a medical diagnosis. They will provide you with an expert assessment, determine the most appropriate management plan and guide you to the best possible recovery. Our sports doctors services include:
- Assessment, diagnoses, treatment options & rehabilitation plan
- Diagnostic ultrasound scans
- Ultrasound guided injections
- Blood tests
- Pre-event medicals & health screening
- Referral service to orthopaedic surgeons
Initial Consultation and assessment – £145.00
Subsequent Consultation and treatment sessions – £120.00
Diagnostic Ultrasound Scan – £90.00 (includes report)
Our sports massage services are delivered by experienced and qualified massage therapists,
Sports massage is the optimal way to speed up recovery during intense training and prevent injury It has a number of benefits including physical, physiological and psychological.
- Relaxation and Recovery– massage can induce relaxation which in turn helps to reduce anxiety. The physiological and psychological effects of a good sports massage is proven to accelerate recovery.
- Pre-event massage – Invigoration – this type of massage is designed to leave you feeling invigorated, increase energy levels and prepare you for competition or training.
- Pain management – Massage can help reduce tension and induce relaxation, essential as part of pain management strategies.
- Injury Prevention and Body Maintenance – a regular massage is an ideal way of getting to know how your body is reacting and adapting to training or competition, regular maintenance massage should be an integral part of your injury prevention programme.
30 mins Sports Massage – £40
60 mins Sports Massage – £50
Opticare is our healthcare hub, catering for people from all walks of life and our aim is to optimise your health and wellbeing.
Our services include:
- Body Massage – £50 for 1 hour
- Acupuncture – £30 per 30 mins, as part of other treatments £20
- Back Care Clinic – £50 for 1 hour including exercise protocol
- Aromatherapy – £50 for 1 hour
- Psychology and Counselling – prices dependent on type of treatment plan.
Performance Forensics is the hub for performance enhancement and performance planning. Whether you are an Olympic athlete preparing for your next major competition or embarking on a charity endurance event or expedition our experts can assist you.
We also work with teams to help develop culture, teamship and assist create a positive performance environment.
Our consultants are vastly experienced in high performance sport.
Our registered psychologists are also on hand to help, the aim of our Performance Psychology is to help athletes prepare psychologically for the demands of competition and training.
It can also help if you are returning from injury, to keep you on track and speed up the recovery process.
Our services are bespoke and tailored to the individual requirements of the team or athlete.
Contact us to discuss your requirements.